Saturday, September 22, 2018
Artwork displayed at the Museum. $350 Best in Show Award. Three Honorable Mention Prize Winners. Downloadable flyer below.
Museum of Transportation Plein Air Art Event Rules
|2017 Best-of-Show winner, Henryk Ptasiewicz, displays his winning painting.|
1. Registration and Consent
The registration fee for the Museum of Transportation’s (MOT’s) Plein Air Art Event on September 22, 2018 is $10, due at time of registration online, and no later than September 15, 2018. Registration in online at MOT’s website (see form below) http://transportmuseumassociation.org/. By registering, you are acknowledging you understand and agree to abide by the rules stated herein.
• You are entering this event and painting and/or drawing at your own risk. The Museum of Transportation will not be responsible for any injury or damage which occurs during this event.
• This event may be photographed and video/sound recorded. You are consenting to being captured in images and video/sound recordings and such images and video/sound recordings may be used by the Museum of Transportation in social media and promotional materials available to the general public now and in the future.
• You are also giving your permission for the free use of your name, artwork and/or picture by the museum or its agents in any account of this event.
• Email questions to email@example.com.
Museum of Transportation is at 2933 Barrett Station Road, which is the address of our Orthwein Visitor’s Center. Artists will be welcome to paint/draw anywhere on the grounds and the Pollinary Park, with the latter acceptable as long as the artists are outside the perimeter of the Pollinary Park and are not obstructing any paths or entrances. Artists may also paint/draw inside the Earl C. Lindburg Automobile Center and the Orthwein Visitor’s Center. All artists must use a drop cloth to protect MOT’s grounds and floors.
3. Artistic Medium
• Any painting or drawing medium on canvas, board, or paper is allowed.
• The back of the canvas, board, or paper will be stamped at the Barrett Station Gift Shop.
• All work is to be completed during the hours of the competition.
• Photography, computer-generated images, and sculpture will not be accepted.
• Artists should report to the MOT’s Barrett Station Gift Shop’s back deck between 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. The Barrett Station Gift Shop is located up the zig-zag path (i.e., southwest) from the Orthwein Visitor’s Center. Parking in Lot 2 will provide artists the closest proximity to the gift shop, MOT’s train collection and the Earl C. Lindburg Automobile Center. Lot 1 is near the Orthwein Visitor’s Center and closer to the Pollinary Park.
• Artists should bring their canvas, paper, or other support to be stamped by staff.
• Toned supports can be used, but nothing pre-painted, pre-drawn, or in any way begun will be accepted.
• Completed artwork should be returned to the Earl C. Lindburg Automobile Center between 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. for display. Artists may want to familiarize themselves with the map of our grounds at http://transportmuseumassociation.org/visit-planner/ prior to September 22nd.
• Artists must supply an easel to display each piece of artwork. Table easels will be permitted.
• Submissions will be limited to three. Staff will assist in setting up the display.
• Judging will be conducted within two weeks after the event, i.e., by end of day October 6th, 2018.
• Winners will be announced on the Museum of Transportation’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/MOTSTL) and other social media outlets. The winner will be featured in the Museum of Transportation SPOKEn Word E-Newsletter.
• Each piece of artwork must have a title specifying the location of the piece and a price, and will be displayed and considered for sale for a month after the event in the mezzanine of the Lindburg Automobile Center which is monitored by tour guides.
• The Museum of Transportation will take a 20% commission on all sales. The commission as well as the registration fees will be applied towards education events at the Museum of Transportation.
• MOT is not liable for loss, theft or damage of artwork.
The competition is open to artists 18 and over and is limited to 20 participants.
Cash prize will be $350 for Best in Show and three Honorable Mention winners will be selected to receive a Pilot ($250 value) museum membership.